One is the second solo album by jazz keyboardist Bob James. It was an important album in the early smooth jazz genre and is famous for its end track, "Nautilus", which became important to hip hop as one of the most sampled tracks in American music. Released on April 17, 1974 this album charted at number two on the Jazz Album Charts. Valley of the Shadows" (James) – 9:42. In the Garden" (Johann Pachelbel) – 3:06. Soulero" (James, Richard Evans) – 3:22.
Heads is the fifth album by jazz musician Bob James, released in October 1977. It was his first album released on his newly formed Tappan Zee label, which was distributed at the time by Columbia Records. All of his Tappan Zee albums (which includes his CTI back-catalog) are now distributed by E1 Music. The album reached number one on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart. Heads" (Bob James) – 6:40. We're All Alone" (Boz Scaggs) – 5:33. I'm in You" (Peter Frampton) – 6:48. Night Crawler" (Bob James) – 6:20.
The Bob James Sampler (LP, Promo, Smplr). Tappan Zee Records, Columbia.
All tracks composed by Bob James. Snowbird Fantasy" 7:03. Shepherd's Song" 6:40. Brighton by the Sea" 5:36.
Bob James: Bold Conceptions. Bob James, David Sanborn. Morning, Noon And Night.
Follow Bob James amesMusic. In the Chapel in the Moonlight.
Filed under Jazz Related Pop/Art Song/Folk By BOB JAMES.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Acoustic Guitar [Solo] – Bruce DunlapPercussion – Airto*
Acoustic Guitar [Solo] – David Brown Bass – Doug StegmeyerDrums – Liberty DeVitto
|A3||Brighton By The Sea||5:36|
Percussion – Leonard "Dr." Gibbs*Vocals – Hiram Bullock
Acoustic Guitar – David Brown Bass – Doug StegmeyerDrums – Liberty DeVittoPercussion – Ralph MacDonald
Acoustic Guitar – Bruce DunlapPercussion – Airto*
- Pressed By – PRS Ltd., Miramar/Wellington – 8618
- Pressed By – PRS Ltd., Miramar/Wellington – 8619
- Lacquer Cut At – PRS Ltd., Miramar/Wellington
- Bass – Gary King
- Cello – Charles McCracken, Jonathan Abramowitz
- Concertmaster – David Nadien
- Coordinator – Marion Orr
- Design – Paula Scher
- Drums – Buddy Williams
- Electric Guitar – Hiram Bullock
- Engineer – Joe Jorgensen
- Engineer [Assistant] – Brian McGee , Mark Chusid*
- Mastered By [Mastering Engineer] – Vladimir Meller*
- Photography – Buddy Endress
- Photography [Inside] – Jim Houghton
- Piano, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer [Oberheim Polyphonic] – Bob James
- Producer [Associate] – Joe Jorgensen
- Producer, Arranged By, Conductor – Bob James
- Soprano Saxophone, Tin Whistle – Grover Washington, Jr.
- Trombone – Barry Rogers, Jim Pugh, Paul Faulise
- Trumpet – Danny Cahn, Jon Faddis, Mike Lawrence, Randy Brecker
- Viola – Al Brown*, LaMar Alsop
- Violin – Barry Finclair, Jan Mullen, Lewis Ely*, Marvin Morgenstern, Matthew Raimondi, Max Ellen, Regis Iandiorio
- Woodwind – Eddie Daniels, George Marge, Jerry Dodgion, Phil Bodner, Romeo Penque
NotesRecorded at Mediasound, New York City. Mixed at SoundMixers, New York City. Mastered at CBS Recording Studios, New York City on the CBS Discomputer.
Made in New Zealand by a registered user of the trade marks.
(P) 1980 Tappan Zee Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7464-36422-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 074643642217
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): SBP-237454-A 8618700 PH
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): SBP-237454-B 8619700 PH
|JC 36422||Bob James||H (LP, Album, Gat)||Tappan Zee Records||JC 36422||US||1980|
|JC 36422||Bob James||H (LP, Album, Gat)||Tappan Zee Records, Columbia||JC 36422||US||1980|
|AS 808||Bob James||The Bob James Sampler (LP, Promo, Smplr)||Tappan Zee Records, Columbia||AS 808||US||1980|
|JCT 36422||Bob James||H (Cass, Album)||Tappan Zee Records||JCT 36422||US||1980|
|ESMCD 447, GAS 0000447 ESM||Bob James||"H" (CD, Album, RE)||Essential, Castle Communications||ESMCD 447, GAS 0000447 ESM||UK||1996|